We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
We are pleased to announce that our office is re-opening on May 17, 2021.
Did you know that fewer than 1% of dentists nationwide were found to be Covid-19 positive, according to a recent study? Actually, dentists have always been experts with infection control, not just lately.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and periodontal health has never waivered.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We want to tell you about some of the infection control procedures we are following to keep our patients, staff, and everyone’s families safe. After all, we have families that we care about too!
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and New York State. We also continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we remain up-to-date on any new guidance or rulings.
You will see some changes here at your next appointment. We’ve made these changes to help protect our patients, staff, and all of our families. Some examples are:
- All staff and Dr. Leon have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- We will ask you screening questions before the appointment. You’ll be asked the same questions again when you arrive. Please be honest in your answers, to protect our staff and other patients.
- We are updating medical histories and other paperwork for all patients. We will send you a packet of information before your appointment. Please fill out all of the paperwork at home and bring it to your appointment. This will minimize the amount of time you spend doing paperwork here.
- We do temperature checks of our staff daily. We will also check your temperature when you arrive.
- We ask you to use hand sanitizer in the waiting room as soon as you enter the office. Or, you can wash your hands in the bathroom with soap and water for 20 seconds if you prefer.
- We use air filtration units which have been verified (by AHAM) to remove up to 99.97% of particles in the air. Studies show that they completely replace the air in the room more than 10 times per hour.
- We are using special suction devices to reduce the amount of aerosols.
- At this time, we are ONLY seeing patients who have completed both vaccinations (Pfizer or Moderna), or the single dose of Johnson & Johnson, at least 2 weeks before the appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to allow more time to clean the rooms, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please wear a mask at all times, except during actual dental treatment. Keep your mask on while in the office, until you are told to remove it for the actual treatment.
- We will have you rinse with a special disinfecting mouthwash before treatment.
- Other treatment may change because we want to minimize aerosol spray in the office if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking here to keep you, our staff, and our families safe.
To make an appointment, please call our office at (845) 783-4490. Please find out the date of your last hygiene/cleaning visit with your general dentist before you call, so we can schedule properly.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Linda E. Leon, DMD
Diplomate American Board of Periodontology
Monday: 9:45 am - 7:30 pm
Tuesday: 9:45 am - 7:30 pm
Thursday: 9:45 am - 5 pm
Friday: 9:45 am - 6 pm
Dr. Linda Leon
138 Stage Rd.
Monroe, NY 10950
PHONE: (845) 783-4490
FAX: (845) 782-7030